Bakers Party Shop carries Sweet Sticks Metallic Gun Metal Grey Edible Art Paint that you can use for decorating cakes, cookies, cupcakes and other sweet confections. Metallic gray edible paint can be used on frostings, icing, gum paste and fondant that has been given time to set/dry or form a crust. A little goes a long way with this paint. Edible art paint is cake decorating food paint that is made of 100% edible ingredients. It can be applied with a paint brush or sponge, dries rub and smudge free. We carry many colors of edible art paints so you can decorate a variety of sweets. Check out all of the edible paints, luster dusts, paint powders, water activated paint palettes, brushes and activators by Sweet Sticks here. We're proud to carry their full range of products that help you enhance your sweet creations!
Learn to make the most perfect unicorn horn fondant toppers and see how you can paint the finished horns with any of our metallic edible art paints.
COUNT: one bottle
Use on: fondant, set chilled American buttercream frosting, real chocolate, marshmallows, candy melts, ganache, cookie icing, modeling chocolate, macarons and more. It does NOT work on Swiss Meringue buttercream.
Side note: the metallic paint works on some royal icing recipes but not on all therefore we do not recommend painting on royal icing. If you have success please share your recipes for others to enjoy.
Best Tips + Tricks to get you started!
- There is a lot of luster in one bottle. We highly recommend before use to open the lid and give the product a good stir with a toothpick as the luster might be stuck at the bottom of the bottle. If that is the case when you try and paint you might be left with a transparent finish. Open lid, stir until all ingredients are mixed well, put the lid back on and give a quick shake. If this step is done correctly you will have a beautiful thick, opaque metallic paint.
- Brushes play a big role in your overall quality finish. If using a cheap quality brush you may be left with brush strokes and an uneven finish. Invest in quality brushes if you can. Shop Sweet Stick brushes here.
- Drying time can vary based on what surface you are painting on, how thick the coat is and humidity levels. For a quicker dry time we recommend thin coats and avoid painting in high humidity conditions. Drying needs to be done by air drying. If not air dried correctly you may be left with an after taste. Be sure to have it touch dry before placing it into the fridge. When dry your surface will be rub free and tasteless.
- If you are new to our products we always recommend getting yourself familiar with them first. practice before using on your finished product to achieve a successful result.
- The best before date is our recommended times to use the paint within to get the best results. The ingredients used do not have an expiry date as such but the quality may not be the same if used outside the best before dates.
NOTE: Store in a cool dry place out of direct light and away from children.
NEED MORE: Multiple quantities are available. If you need more than you are able to add to your cart please email us and we would be happy to check our stock.